Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Quick Question

Okay, all this talk in the nation of "racial" issues brings up one of my biggest pet peve question:

If folks whose parent's, or grandparent's, or farther back were considered property or second class citizens are "owed" stuff now because of that. What are folks who were treated as LESS than property owed?

I am talking about the Chinese and other Asian immigrants of course.

I'm not excusing anything that happened in the past. I just want to know at what point in history did the two sides move apart in attitude and prominance. When did blacks start believing that instead of them creating their own opportunities and earning places on their own that they had to have the government make things "fair" for them? When did Asians become considered "people" and take off and do their own thing?

Is the differences because of culture? Upbringing? Genetics? Politcs? Religion? What causes these two minority groups to think of themselves in two different ways? Most of the blacks I've known do see themselves as minorities, verses the Asians I know scoff at the notion! (Hell some laugh even more and point out that several billion of the people on earth are "Asians.") What is it that causes this difference? When did it happen? I really want to know.

No comments: